Terms of Service
Welcome to PaperTakers.com
Terms of Service
Terms of Service
This agreement is in effect as of April 1st, 2017.
We reserve the right to change this User Agreement from time to time without notice. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to review this User Agreement periodically to familiarize yourself with any modifications. Your continued use of this site after such modifications will constitute acknowledgment and agreement of the modified terms and conditions.
Notice: You must be 18 years of age or older to use, visit, or utilize services present on the PaperTakers website and it’s sub-sites.
Responsible Use and Conduct
By visiting our website and accessing the information, resources, services, products, and tools we provide for you, either directly or indirectly (hereafter referred to as ‘Resources’), you agree to use these Resources only for the purposes intended as permitted by (a) the terms of this User Agreement, and (b) applicable laws, regulations and generally accepted online practices or guidelines.
Wherein, you understand that:
- 1. In order to access our Resources, you may be required to provide certain information about yourself (such as identification, contact details, etc.) as part of the registration process, or as part of your ability to use the Resources. You agree that any information you provide will always be accurate, correct, and up to date.
- 2. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any login information associated with any account you use to access our Resources. Accordingly, you are responsible for all activities that occur under your account/s.
- 3. Accessing (or attempting to access) any of our Resources by any means other than through the means we provide, is strictly prohibited. You specifically agree not to access (or attempt to access) any of our Resources through any automated, unethical or unconventional means.
- 4. Engaging in any activity that disrupts or interferes with our Resources, including the servers and/or networks to which our Resources are located or connected, is strictly prohibited.
- 5. Attempting to copy, duplicate, reproduce, sell, trade, or resell our Resources is strictly prohibited.
- 6. You are solely responsible any consequences, losses, or damages that we may directly or indirectly incur or suffer due to any unauthorized activities conducted by you, as explained above, and may incur criminal or civil liability.
- 7. We may provide various open communication tools on our website, such as blog comments, blog posts, public chat, forums, message boards, newsgroups, product ratings and reviews, various social media services, support chat, etc. You understand that generally we do not pre-screen or monitor the content posted by users of these various communication tools, which means that if you choose to use these tools to submit any type of content to our website, then it is your personal responsibility to use these tools in a responsible and ethical manner. By posting information or otherwise using any open communication tools as mentioned, you agree that you will not upload, post, share, or otherwise distribute any content that:
- 8. Is illegal, threatening, defamatory, abusive, harassing, degrading, intimidating, fraudulent, deceptive, invasive, racist, or contains any type of suggestive, inappropriate, or explicit language;
- 1) Infringes on any trademark, patent, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary right of any party;
- 2) Contains any type of unauthorized or unsolicited advertising;
- 3). Impersonates any person or entity, including any www.PaperTakers.com employees or representatives.
We have the right at our sole discretion to remove any content that, we feel in our judgment does not comply with this User Agreement, along with any content that we feel is otherwise offensive, harmful, objectionable, inaccurate, or violates any 3rd party copyrights or trademarks. We are not responsible for any delay or failure in removing such content. If you post content that we choose to remove, you hereby consent to such removal, and consent to waive any claim against us.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless PaperTakers and its parent company and affiliates, and their directors, officers, managers, employees, donors, agents, and licensors, from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any violation of this User Agreement or the failure to fulfill any obligations relating to your account incurred by you or any other person using your account. We reserve the right to take over the exclusive defense of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification under this User Agreement. In such event, you shall provide us with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by us.
Limitation of Warranties
By using our website, you understand and agree that all Resources we provide are “as is” and “as available”. This means that we do not represent or warrant to you that:
i) the use of our Resources will meet your needs or requirements.
ii) the use of our Resources will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or free from errors.
iii) the information obtained by using our Resources will be accurate or reliable, and
iv) any defects in the operation or functionality of any Resources we provide will be repaired or corrected.
Furthermore, you understand and agree that:
v) any content downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of our Resources is done at your own discretion and risk, and that you are solely responsible for any damage to your computer or other devices for any loss of data that may result from the download of such content.
vi) no information or advice, whether expressed, implied, oral or written, obtained by you from PaperTakers or through any Resources we provide shall create any warranty, guarantee, or conditions of any kind, except for those expressly outlined in this User Agreement.
Limitation of Liability
In conjunction with the Limitation of Warranties as explained above, you expressly understand and agree that any claim against us shall be limited to the amount you paid, if any, for use of products and/or services. PaperTakers will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary loss or damages which may be incurred by you as a result of using our Resources, or as a result of any changes, data loss or corruption, cancellation, loss of access, or downtime to the full extent that applicable limitation of liability laws apply.
PaperTakers is not responsible for consequences that occur from the use our website/services and the actions of users on our website. This includes consequences such as academic expulsion, academic suspension, academic probation, legal ramifications, any damages/financial losses, and academic dishonesty.
This Membership Agreement (“Agreement”) is part of and incorporates by reference the User Agreement and the other Terms of Service. Your continued use of the Site after the last modified date will signify your acceptance of this Agreement. Capitalized terms not defined in this Agreement are defined in the User Agreement, elsewhere in the Terms of Service, or have the meanings given such terms on the Site.
PaperTakers provides escrow services solely to www.PaperTakers.com Users.. We provide these escrow services solely to deliver, hold, or receive payment for jobs for services engaged through, and to pay fees including service, membership and payment processing and administration fees to, PaperTakers. These escrow services are intended for business use, and the Users agree to use these escrow services only for business purposes and not for consumer, personal, family, or household purposes.
PaperTakers does not provide escrow services to the general public.
All content and materials available on PaperTakers, including but not limited to text, graphics, website name, code, images and logos are the intellectual property of PaperTakers, and are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law. Any inappropriate use, including but not limited to the reproduction, distribution, display or transmission of any content on this site is strictly prohibited, unless specifically authorized by PaperTakers.
Termination of Use
You agree that we may, at our sole discretion, suspend or terminate your access to all or part of our website and Resources with or without notice and for any reason, including, without limitation, breach of this User Agreement. Any suspected illegal, fraudulent or abusive activity may be grounds for terminating your relationship and may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities. Upon suspension or termination, your right to use the Resources we provide will immediately cease, and we reserve the right to remove or delete any information that you may have on file with us, including any account or login information.
PaperTakers reserves the right to ban, block, and delete the accounts of Users at our discretion.
Clients may cancel projects at any time by requesting permission from the freelancer/agency they are working with. However, freelancers/agencies reserve the right to choose not to issue a refund. In this case, clients/freelancers may file a dispute which forces PaperTakers to mediate the matter and make a decision.
Once a project has been approved by a client and the funds are released to the freelancer/agency, there is no possibility of a refund. The release of the funds from the escrow signify the clients approval of the work. PaperTakers is unable to recover funds that have been released by the client.
RELEASE AND DELIVERY OF AMOUNTS IN ESCROW
In addition, PaperTakers is authorized to and will release the Client Escrow Account (a “Release”) to the Freelancer Escrow Account, upon the occurrence of one or more Release Conditions provided below or as otherwise permitted by applicable law. The amount of the Release will be delivered to the Freelancer Escrow Account, in accordance with Freelancer’s and Client’s instructions, as applicable, these Escrow Instructions, and the other Terms of Service. Further more, the conditions below also include circumstances in which Clients will retrieve full access to the funds deposited.
We believe that there may be instances of illegal activity or fraud occurring
Client has not released funds to freelancer after work has been completed, as well as showing no signs of communication activity (released generally in 7 days or less)
Client has not responded to dispute within a certain time frame (generally 7 days or less) Freelancer has not provided work, has not responded to dispute, or has completed incomplete work. As well as providing work that is clearly below quality (at our discretion).
Termination of Freelancer/Client Account
PaperTakers reserves the right to terminate the account of any freelancer/client who breaks the terms of this policy. Additional rules including but not limited to:
Handling payments outside of the PaperTakers (circumvention)
Communication outside of the website
Freelancer causing damage(s) through work provided to client
Client causing damage(s) to the freelancer
Exchanging of personal/private information
Lewd/Inappropriate language not pertaining to the work
PaperTakers reserves the right to retrieve funds remaining in terminated freelancer accounts.
This website is controlled by PaperTakers. It can be accessed by most countries around the world. By accessing our website, you agree that the statutes and laws of our state, without regard to the conflict of laws and the United Nations Convention on the International Sales of Goods, will apply to all matters relating to the use of this website and the purchase of any products or services through this site.
Furthermore, any action to enforce this User Agreement shall be brought in the federal or state courts You hereby agree to personal jurisdiction by such courts, and waive any jurisdictional, venue, or inconvenient forum objections to such courts.
UNLESS OTHERWISE EXPRESSED, PaperTakers EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
PaperTakers is a platform for clients and freelancers to meet and collaborate on academic projects. We hold no responsibility for the work received, the perceived quality of the work received, and any consequences that occur from using our website as well as consequences occuring from using out website incorrectly.